About theEdgewater Youth Sailing Foundation
EYSF was founded to provide education and sailing opportunities to young sailors.
Welcome to EYSF
The Edgewater Youth Sailing Foundation (EYSF) was incorporated in 2004 as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization under the laws of the State of Ohio. EYSF was founded to provide education and sailing opportunities to young sailors.
The Edgewater Youth Sailing Foundation (EYSF) is led by a volunteer Board of Directors whose vision is to encourage safe boating skills, the advancement of Lake Erie youth sailors, to enable youth sailors to perform at the peak of their abilities and desires and to encourage the sport of sailing within the Edgewater community.
To educate young people in sailing and boating skills, safety and to encourage amateur sailors to train and participate in sailing competitions, boating activities and demonstrations.
EYSF contributions/involvement include:
- Funding of safety equipment for ILYA Juniors;
- Offering Scholarships to Sail Camp for local Scouts and children who would otherwise not have the opportunity to learn to sail;
- Purchasing new 420s and Optis for Jr Race Team ;
- Purchasing new Oppis for beginning sailors;
- Refurbishing the Sail Camp Opti Fleet;
- Initiating the Start Opti Sailing (SOS) Program
- Funding Sailing Coach training;
- Providing Coaching at the annual ILYA Junior Bay Week, Ida Lewis Double Handed Championships, Junior Olympics and sailing clinics;
- Providing financial assistance for participants in National and International sailing events;
- Granting assistance for Youth Empowered to Succeed through Sailing (YESS) in conjunction with the Rotary Club;
- Funding Captain Willie Safe Boating for Kids Programs;
- Purchasing a Laser Multi Trailer for the Jr. Race Team;
- and much more….
Membership to the Edgewater Youth Sailing Foundation is encouraged and open to any person, organization or business sharing our vision to promote boating and education. Annual Membership is just $25.